(Coxheath, England) The World Custard Pie Championships
June 1 2013
The World Custard Pie Championships was inspired by Charlie Chaplin, and has been held since 1967 in the village of Coxheath, Kent. Over the years so many pies have been thrown at the Championship events, Teams competing from all around the world. Many Countries have followed in our footsteps, throughout the years; now once again the contest is back in Maidstone.
Each team member will be throwing pies at their opponents. 5 pies in the first heat, 7 pies in the semi-finals and a maximum 10 pies in the final. Points warded as follows;
- 6 points for a direct hit squarely on the face
- 3 points for a near miss hitting shoulder height or upwards
- 1 point for hitting any other part of the body
- -1 point 2 consecutive misses.
- Judges can award up to 5 points for the most original and amusing throwing techniques.
For more information, please visit: